We hit a major milestone on January 10, 2018, when Google AdSense reported that we had now served over 500 million page views. It took us 14 years and 10 days to hit this mark.
Taking the number of page views, the time span, and the number of
page views/visit as reported by Google Analytics (2.49), we can
calculate some interesting averages:
- 2.9 million page views/month
- 1.2 million visitors/month
- 14.3 million visitors/year
What has sustained the interest of millions of visitors each year for 14 years? We think it’s because we have easy to use tools that make geographic and demographic information readily accessible for the average person. Sooner or later, nearly everyone will want to:
- Evaluate Demographic Data for States, Cities, ZIP Codes or Neighborhoods, or
- Research Neighborhoods, or
- Access Interactive Maps and/or Boundary Maps, or
- Rank Cities, Towns & ZIP Codes by key demographic data, or
- View Maps with Driving Directions, or
- Research Public schools including Attendance Zone Maps
- Each state gazetteer has a basic guide to the HTL Address Research Tool that makes it extremely easy for anyone to find geographic and demographic information. The link is for the California HTL Address Research Tool page, but there is an equivalent page for each of the 50 HomeTownLocator state gazetteers.
January 15, 2018