Key Facts & Figures for Any Neighborhood, City, Town, or ZIP Code
Reliable and current demographic data1for a neighborhood, city, town or ZIP Code, helps you get a good start on beginning to understanding the charismatics of a particular community. The HomeTownLocator (HTL) series of state gazetteers provide annually updated demographic data on:
- Population(including total, density, and diversity)
- Housing(including housing affordability, and percentage of owner-occupied, renter-occupied and vacant homes)
- Income(including median household income and Wealth Index)
- Households(including total households and average family size)
Become Well Informed About Local Research by Simply:
- Reading the 2-Minute Introduction to the Power of the HTL Address Research Tool (below) and get a quick start in understanding the full range of readily available information,
- Reviewing the 90-Second Preface to Neighborhood Basic Demographic Data(below) to see actual data for a neighborhood in a small city in Florida and
- Using the HTL Address Research Tool to get a report for your own neighborhood or any other neighborhood.2 Results in about 3 seconds!
HTL Address Research Tool – Sample Results:
(Section Numbers are Keys for the Example Below)
SECTION 1 – DEMOGRAPHIC DATA
The initial page lists 5 of the 30 types of information that help to characterize each of the different Administrative, Census, and Geographic units that contain the address. The demographic data include information about population, housing, income, and households.
SECTION 2 – LINKS TO APPLICABLE Administrative, Census and Geographic (ACG) units
Links to the profiles with demographic data start at the Neighborhood level and then step up through successive levels of ACG units.
SECTION 3 – SCHOOL DISTRICT & SCHOOL ATTENDANCE ZONES
The school section lists the applicable schools for the address of interest. The school links lead to school profiles with the number of students by grade level, the number of teachers and the student-teacher ratio.
SECTION 4 – TOP 20 MOST POPULAR NEARBY PLACES
The link leads to a page that lists, in ranked order, the most popular local places based on positive user reviews, search queries, and other user data. The list provides the business name and type, the distance from the address of interest, and links to both business contact information and driving directions.
SECTION 5 – MAPS OF THE ADDRESS LOCATION
The default map that is displayed shows the address location relative to the boundary map for the county. The info box above the location marker provides the geographic coordinates. The second map for the same address has the county map turned off and the city boundary map turned on (via simple check boxes).
Example Address Search Results:
Current Demographic Data for Neighborhoods, Cities, Towns, Counties, and ZIP Codes are readily accessible. There are 30 values for each geographical unit and they are grouped into three categories:
- Basic Demographic Data on population, housing, income, and households.
- Growth Rates for each geographical unit including historical growth rates and projected growth rates over the next five years.
- Tool To Compare and Rank Areas which are great for ranking cities and neighborhoods based on average home values, or household income, diversity and other demographic data. This tool gives one a better perspective in evaluating the data.
The example below shows just the Basic Demographic Data part of the report for a Neighborhood (statistically, it’s a Census Block Group (CBG)) in a small city in Florida. The CBG is the smallest geographical unit where this type of data is available.
Note: Using the HTL Address Research Tool, it only takes about 3.5 seconds to find the data for Your Neighborhood.